Thursday, February 2, 2012






Sometimes my Wednesday adventure to the comic book store provides some additional perks. Anything superhero that has Japanese writing is supreme geek and must be a part of my house. DYI network and HGTV network take note: this is what really people want in their homes.

Kotobukiya, I love you.


Now on to my comic books purchased this week:

Action Comics #6

Batman Detective Comics #6 

Not too much this week on my checklist. My bank account is smiling. 

 


 Is it just me, or are the new Superman comics lame? Yes, I know that most of the Marvel fans out there are going to agree...but as someone who has been reading comics again (faithfully, weekly) for 1+ year, I expected more out of Superman. Action Comics had better art than Superman--but I am just not a fan of Grant Morrison's writing so far. I have heard and read endless praise about Morrison's work, so I was surprised at my lack of fondness to it. 

Perhaps I am just not willing to take the approach of filling in the void as Morrison shuffles his way through story lines leaving much up to the reader.  I understand this is his style—do I like it? Not really.

Every issue of Action Comics in the new 52 I always find myself saying to my husband “It had potential. It just wasn’t executed.”

I am a little hesitant to buy "All-Star Superman" to see if that would change my mind about Morrison.  Should I or shouldn't I
So what comics of the new 52 am I collecting?

Action Comics
Detective Comics
Batman
The Dark Night
NightWing
The Flash
Aquaman
Superman
Justice League

What is my young son collecting?

Batman Brave and the Bold
Young Justice
And soon Green Lantern

What would I like to collect?
A Marvel series that intrigues me. Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment